- A great mission: The Junior League of Billings is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
- To meet new people: Are you new to the Billings area or just looking to meet a new group of people, get out of the house, network for a business, etc? The JLB has around 45 active members and over 100 sustainers for you to meet! We try and hold at least one social event a month.
- To be a leader: JLB wants trained volunteers. Through our training and volunteer service we develop great leaders allowing you to go out into the community and make Billings a better place! Hundreds of women, past and present Junior League members have impacted numerous organizations within Billings area by participating on non-profit boards and holding leadership roles. Junior League gives you the tools to go on and be a leader of the community.
- Advocacy: Do you have strong beliefs in a cause? Junior League of Billings helps you to approach those beliefs and tackle big community issues. For example, Junior League of Billings in past years noticed the lack of a children’s museum in Billings. They did a feasibility study to show that BIllings needed this museum. They started small and soon released Wise Wonders, a Montana Children’s Museum as a non-profit of its own for all of Billings to enjoy.
- Improve our Community: The current focus of the Junior League of Billings is Poverty and Homelessness. Over the past year we have been hosting free laundry days. Last year we held 10 free laundry days at local Laundromats, providing $3000 in free laundry to those in need.
- Volunteer opportunities: Junior League of Billings has worked with over 10 local organizations, including Wise Wonders, a Montana Children’s Museum, Tumbleweed, Early Childhood Intervention Services, Montana Rescue Mission, Ronald McDonald House, Billings Foodbank, and Family Services, Inc. JLB provided over 150 direct volunteer hours in the last year.
- Training: JLB members received over 800 hours of training at General Membership Meetings, New Member Training and National Conventions on areas like Human Trafficking, Leadership, the Birkman Method, Clifton Strengths Finder, and many more. Junior League of Billings even brought in Nationally Renowned Speaker, Vicki Clark for a training seminar that was open to the public.
- Learn how to run events and fundraisers: Junior League of Billings holds Marketplace Magic, a three day shopping event at the Metra in November. This event, now in its 23rd year along with Midday at the Mart and Bingo night raise over $30,000 a year to help support our mission. League members then learn how best to use and budget this money.
- Volunteer recognition: Junior League of Billings knows how to treat and thank their volunteers. Members are recognized monthly with cards, and prizes for their hard work and support. The JLB even has a Volunteer of the Year award.
- Be a part of something big: Junior League of Billings is a part of the Association of Junior Leagues International. There are 293 chapters of Junior Leagues in 4 countries with more than 150,000 women as members. AJLI provides support, training, and great resources to the JLB.
- Your health: Volunteering can improve your health. It has been associated with lowering depression, increasing happiness, and living longer lives.
Each Fall we host a New Member Social. This is the perfect place for you to check out the Junior League, hear more about what we do, and talk with members to hear real life experiences. We would love to have YOU attend! This year, the social is on Tuesday, August 8th from 6-8pm at 2905 Montana Avenue.
If you’d like to attend our social join the Junior League of Billings, please visit our website event page at
Email the membership council at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to RSVP.